Poetry Slam Ono – Never Poem Summer Learning Journey

Today I did a Never Poem. it was easy for what not to eat but the last one was challenging. I did the letter F mostly because I don’t really like fish. I enjoyed doing never frezzing a frog because I love animals and frogs are my third favourite animal. My second favourite is cats. But my favourite one is definitely dogs.

One thought on “Poetry Slam Ono – Never Poem Summer Learning Journey

1. Hi Lily,

It’s Emma here from the Summer Learning Journey.

I love your never poem! All the silly sounding alliteration made me laugh!
    My favourite line might have to be ‘I will never freeze a frog’! What makes you like frogs so much? We used to get lots of them around our pond in the garden and I loved watching them hop about.
    You have managed to come up with lots of alliteration using the letter F. I think you have done a fabulous, fantastic and phenomenal job!

Did you know that the ‘F’ sound can also be made when the letters ‘ph’ are put together. For example the word phone starts with the ‘f’ sound and the word dolphin ends with the ‘f’ sound.

I wonder if you could come up with some ‘ph’ words for you alliteration too!

Dogs are also my favourite animal too! I have four of them at home! I wonder if you could write an alliteration poem dedicated to them. Mine would start with, my silly sausage dogs love to snuggle safely on the sofa.
    What do you think?

Thanks for sharing your never poem Lily!

Emma – SLJ