A Letter To… Summer Learning Journey

Dear dancing

Thank you for teaching me all about dancing, thank you for teaching me teamwork, thank you for teaching me dances solo or with a partner or in a group. thank you for teaching me how to keep going even though I am tired and sore! Thank you for the big happiness burst when I get a move right I have been working on for a long time.

I have learnt so many things from going to dancing that I didnt think I would even learn from dance.

from Lily

2 thoughts on “A Letter To… Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Lily,

Awesome work Lily! I love your passion and appreciation for learning so much about dance. Wow! you started learning at just 2 years old that is super young, I’m sure you are a great dancer as you have had 8 years of experience. I wonder what genre/ type of dance you do? Or do you do more than one, because from the images you have added I’m guessing hip-hop, ballet and jazz. I really like watching Hip Hop and I remember our school got to watch The Royal Family Hip Hop Dance Group as they were practicing for their championships. Do you have an upcoming dance competition?

Keep up the great work!
    Manar Mahmoud (SLJ)

2. Kia ora Lily. Phil again! Another great poem. Thanks so much for sharing. I like the way you’ve presented it with a poster too. Your thoughts remind me of how thankful I am to team sports like football and cricket. As you said, you can practise some skills on your own but you also need to be able to work as a team. Good luck with your future dancing and poetry!