Poetry Slam-Tahi-Kick Start

Today for summer learning journey I were to lisen to poems said by people. When people read their poems they speak a bit diffrent to normal talking. They put words close together sometimes and other times they leave a big gap.

The first poem I were to listen to was called leaves. The poet was passionate about them dying in autmn and like the leaves would be angry that they were dropped.

The second poem was called Air. The poet was passionate about the air we breathe and what it does for us.

The third poem called paper people it was about paper people but really it was real world politics.

The last poem was called my hair. It was about the peets hair. She was passionate about her heritage and her hair was part of her heritage.

here is my slide for the poetry slam

One thought on “Poetry Slam-Tahi-Kick Start

1. Kia ora Lily. Phil from the Poetry Slam team here. I love the amount of thought you put into your reflections on the poems. I love Rob Auton (the author of leaves). He is a big inspiration of mine. I can’t wait to see you write your own poems and see your own passions coming through in them! Whenever you complete a poetry slam task you can use this link to view other poems and enter your own into the slam. Enjoy!